“How Marketing Automation has evolved from helping create sales leads to deliver holistic brand experiences – driving loyalty and adoption”
There is more to your business than lead generation activities like enhancing customer experience, implementing personalization, getting reviews, track customer behaviour and revenue generation. Marketing automation is an automated software for these marketing and lead gen tasks that are otherwise managed by a team or group of experts.
Marketing automation has become a popular alternative among well-known global brands to deliver a holistic brand experience driving loyalty and adoption.
It is rewarding to see Marketing Automation has evolved from an effective lead generation tool to be effective in complete lead generation to conversion cycle. We know that a Simple content-to email workflow is designed using marketing automation to warm up the leads and qualify them as prospects. Using marketing automation, you can do grading, scoring, and decide if a lead is qualified to be shared with the sales team. Marketing automation can do even more.
Marketing automation is increasingly being used for boosting brand experiences like loyalty and satisfaction by delivering meaningful interactions with targeted customers. Good customer experience makes your customers happy, helps the customer feel valued, and draws good revenue.
Automation allows you to engage with your customers by serving valuable and relevant content.
In addition to the creation of sales leads, a good marketing automation strategy nurtures customer beyond conversion to deliver sustained relationships driving loyalty and adoption.
Why do customers leave?
“82% of customers have left a company because of a bad customer service experience.” (Source).
As per the report by Kapow, 68% of customers leave because of a lack of connectivity with the brand. To ensure customer loyalty, priceless emotional interactions help to add brand connectivity. Let’s delve deep and find out how marketing automation enhances brand loyalty.
How does Marketing Automation helps improve loyalty?
Marketing automation is more personalized. This ensures an excellent customer experience encouraging more customer loyalty. Marketing automation has evolved from helping create sales to drive a holistic brand experience.
1) Good onboarding experience: Using marketing automation you can create customized welcome journeys for your customers. This makes onboarding an exceptional customer experience.
2) Personalization: Marketing automation uses a data-driven strategy to understand customers well. These data are collected based on customer behaviour and their pain points. You can redefine customer engagement with personalized interaction and deliver granular targeted content to the segmented customer.
3) Retention and Re-engagement: It is always easy to retain old customers than find new customers. Identify customers who regularly interact with your brand by download, share, and comment on your content. They may recommend your brand to others. You can initiate referral programs and motivate such vocal loyalists by offering rewards to honour their appreciation. This will further deepen brand commitment. You can nudge your inactive customers and reengage with them using automation tools.
4) Feedback and Reviews: You should place your feedback request in appropriate spot with meaningful content. Complete and right feedback is vital for a good marketing strategy to work. To achieve desirable output, you should segment your customer, ask the right questions about their experience with your company, product, or services. Once they share their feedback you can find areas that need improvement. You can apply A/B testing to find which format works well with your customers.
5) Relevance: Marketing automation helps you to target your customers with suitable relevant and informative content based on past customer behaviour and engagement. Bombarding customers with generic, impersonal content like newsletters are not very effective. Mailchimp is a very powerful tool to deliver personalized marketing emails to subscribers.
6) Good UX and customer support: Marketing automation can help in creating a seamless customer experience with landing pages, contact forms, telephony connectors, and more
You can nurture your audience by sharing regular newsletters, special discounts, surveys, event invites, offers for rewards and referral programs, and exclusive content such as webinars and eBooks. Features like a live chat support system and social integration tool provide excellent customer support.
7) Brand Advocacy: Marketing automation identifies and supports brand advocates. It helps to create highly targeted campaigns and reduce wastage of resources. You can write impactful messages and target influencers with relevant content and offers.
8) Marketing automation and customer journey: Marketing automation comes very handy for delivering relevant messages at the optimal time and design campaigns to target customer across customer lifecycle stages using RFM (recency, frequency, monetary) analysis.
Software’s like Drip, Convertkit, or Infusionsoft can initiate a campaign based on automatic workflow that is controlled by defining rules stating the type of content received and action a recipient would take to receive it.
How does Marketing Automation help improve adoption?
Marketing automation improves engagement with customers enhancing brand adoption, repurchase, and renewal. Let’s discuss in detail
1)Reduces stress: Marketing automation not only helps in lead generation efficiently and affordably it also helps you free up time and reduce stress, workload, and urgency. Traditional outreach and sales require more investment of time. You can meet targets and achieve objectives for your business growth. Marketing Automation tools helps your sales team to identify good leads and save their time for other business activities and adds to efficiency.
2) Data privacy: It is easy to comply with GDPR using marketing automation platforms. Businesses can directly ask the customer which data they are happy to share and let them know what it will be used for.
3) Email communication: Marketing automation implement email campaigns very efficiently by scheduling personalized emails to be sent across at an appropriate time. Customers can also manage their email preferences to avoid bombardment by irrelevant content.
It’s a no-brainer! Marketing automation is an all-in-one tool for fulfilling customer acquisition to retention requirements of businesses. It is a very efficient tool that analyses data and designs workflow delivering value consistently. Thanks to marketing automation for delivering holistic brand experiences – driving loyalty and adoption.