The email list can be built by collecting Email addresses. And most importantly, the right email address.
You can boost your marketing campaign and refresh your entire marketing strategy if only your email list has the right email id and contacts that can be prospective leads too!
You are ready to grow your business email list but not sure how and where to start? We will help you do it here and now. Let’s get started.
Why do you need an email list?
An email list is used in campaigns to connect with subscribers, customers, or site visitors who can be leads and not mere contacts. Email list with the correct address acts as a bridge between the brand and users and aids the success of the business.
How to create an email list?
You can choose an email marketing platform. A good email marketing platform can help you with email personalization and segmentation along with automating email campaigns.
You can follow a step-by-step process to create your most ambitious list of emails.
Step 1: Select a channel to reach out to your target audience: Channels like organic search, online communities, or landing your content in someone else’s newsletter, and so on.
Step2: Select a channel to collect emails: You can collect your email id at the checkout. Or you can add email signup forms to your website. You can add them to a sidebar, the footer, or as an exit-intent pop-up or you can also use social media to encourage signups.
Step 3: Choose your target audience: To choose your target audience you can buy an email list, collect emails doing social media contests, and so on.
In general, you create the list out of the customer’s email ids who have purchased your product. Here are some more creative ways to grow your email list.
- Social Media Posts: You can share your email signup forms on social media. It is a low-cost, effective and reliable way to reach the target audience. You can try posting on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You can also sponsor a post and get visible to more people.
(Pro tip: include subscription link in bio. For Facebook add a signup button on your Facebook business page.)
- Videos: Videos help to increase engagement and interest with prospects especially for brands that offer services and attract new customers. Create video content on YouTube or Pinterest and link it back to your website. You can host audio content on podcast websites as well. For businesses that offer services, it is very useful to create video series. YouTube videos are an effective channel of communication to share valuable information with context.
(Pro tip: Add video to your website and a signup form. Send people from your content to your email list.)
- Lead magnets: It is also called an opt-in offer. You can offer ebook, courses, reports, checklists, videos, spreadsheets, templates, in exchange for the email address. The use of powerful lead magnets in inappropriate places can help you grow your email marketing list enormously.
- Referrals: referral marketing one of the most trusted sources of information about new businesses or services that offers cash rewards, discounts, and coupons, or bonus points for your loyal customers. You can create a landing page and use social media platforms to encourage more email signups and referrals.
- Link sharing: Sharing links on appropriate places like on social media with compelling visuals and snippets or a link to your signup form in your normal email signature. This will help you wanna be subscribers to find you easily.
- Popups: You can use popups to make your forms noticeable. Cookies can help you track your visitors. You can show it for new signups to people who are new visitors to your website.
(Pro tip: You can also add a sign-up form on your site.)
- One on One Reach: Reach out to people one on one who already knows you. You can reach out via email or messenger.
(Pro tip: Include a link to your sign-up form or landing page. Start collecting email addresses until you have the desired count on your email list.)
- Simply Ask: Ask your subscribers, site visitors, customers for their email addresses. You need to have prominent forms. Your blog posts should include a call to action. You can add a bit.ly URL for your best blog post (or your newsletter to your business card.
- Host events: You can host live events and bring forms to fill. This will help you to build an email list offline too. You can use Platforms like Meetup to create live events. You can also conduct workshops or do speaking engagements. For offline signups, you can use pen or paper or iPad forms App.
- Signup Form Design: Optimize your form design and opt-in copy. You can make your signup form prominent using a contrasting colour, large elements, in-line CTA place it high on the page, sticky header or footer, and popup.
- Website Design: Add a subscription bar to your website. Footer can also be used for email signup forms.
- Affiliations and partnerships: Affiliations and partnerships can give you access to a lot of relevant audiences. Word of mouth plays a very crucial role especially if it comes from a trustworthy source.
- Content is the king: Create incredible email content. Compelling content can draw people’s attention. Try to offer solutions to the problem of your audience. Sharing is all you need to collect email addresses. People love to share interesting, informative, engaging, and reliable content in their networks. People will tell you by replying to your emails.
We have discussed various ways to grow your email list. The most essential practice, while you are growing your email list, is Optimization. Optimize your email list to suit your business strategy and see your business growing by leaps and bounds.
Pick up one of these ways and see for yourself if it is the best way to grow your Email marketing list for your business. Don’t forget to share your findings with us.